Below are links to my writing and photography that has been published. Please subscribe to this website to receive links to new posts. If you would like me to write a travel article for your publication, please send me an email at email@example.com.
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL WRITING:
My story of a train journey though Hungary with a family from Chechnya, “Strangers on the Night Train to Kyiv”, published in the book ‘The Expeditioner’s Guide to the World’ in 2010
A travel article about a bus journey to Pamukkale in southern Turkey, “My Golden Ones: the Road to Pamukkale”, on the Caravanistan Silk Route travel blog
An article about the Lukyanivska district of Kyiv, “Orthodoxy in an Eccentric Land”, in the American travel magazine The Expeditioner
- A story about a night with the Moscow militsiya in Mailer Report
- Playing cricket in Zagreb, Croatia – also in Mailer Report
- My story of captaining an Eastern European cricket team – “From Russia With Stumps” - was mentioned in the website Cricinfo’s ‘Cricket Sadist Hour’ on 9.2.13 (read the story in full here)
A short piece “Borderland: Impressions of Lviv, Ukraine” for Europe Magazine Online
- To Kazan (Tatarstan, Russia) in The Calvert Journal
- To Kyiv in the travel & lifestyle magazine Travel Addict (Indonesia; April 2011)
- To Tallinn in the Wembley match-day programme for the England vs. San Marino football match (9 October 2014)
- To Glasgow in the Wembley match-day programme for the England vs. Slovenia football match (15 November 2014)
- My piece on Uzbekistan’s first ever cricket tournament was included in the 2014 Wisden Almanack
For Russia Beyond The Headlines:
- An article about apps for travelling in Russia
- An article about Russian animals in space
- An expose on the Formula 1 driver Daniil Kvyat
For Panorama, the in-flight magazine of Ukraine International Airlines:
“Royal Ascot Turns 300″ , about the racecourse’s anniversary (May 2011).
“Exploring the Country of Robin Hood” , about the English town of Nottingham (September 2011).
My interview with Fred Finn, the world’s most-travelled man, “Blue Sky Thinking: A Chat with an Aviation Legend”, (November 2011).
On Great Britain’s celebrations for The Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II (June 2012)
Going For Gold: The 2012 London Olympic Games (July 2012)
- Two of my photographs of puffins appear on the website of QI, the BBC television programme.
- My photograph of Kyiv, Ukraine, in the Guardian’s Life & Style section (also published in the newspaper’s Weekend magazine on 25.2.12
- My photograph of Brighton, England, also in the Guardian newspaper’s Life & Style section