Below are links to my writing and photography that has been published. Please subscribe to this website to receive links to new posts. If you would like me to write a travel article for your publication, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ‘Letter from Yoshkar-Ola: a bizarre fairytale in the middle of provincial Russia’, for The Calvert Journal
My story of a train journey though Hungary with a family from Chechnya, “Strangers on the Night Train to Kyiv”, was published in the book ‘The Expeditioner’s Guide to the World’ in 2010
A travel article about a bus journey to Pamukkale in southern Turkey, “My Golden Ones: the Road to Pamukkale”, in the Caravanistan Silk Road Travel Guide
- “Five things that will surprise you in Armenia”, for Wandelion
- Postcard from Noravank monastery, Armenia – for Elsewhere Journal
An article about the Lukyanivska district of Kyiv, “Orthodoxy in an Eccentric Land”, in the American travel magazine The Expeditioner
- A story about a night with the Moscow militsiya in Mailer Report
- Playing cricket in Zagreb, Croatia – also in Mailer Report
- A short post about the Mysterious Zorats Karer Stones in Armenia, in the Caravanistan Silk Road Travel Guide
- To Kazan (Tatarstan, Russia) in The Calvert Journal
- To Kyiv in the travel & lifestyle magazine Travel Addict (Indonesia; April 2011)
- To Tallinn in the Wembley match-day programme for the England vs. San Marino football match (9 October 2014)
- To Glasgow in the Wembley match-day programme for the England vs. Slovenia football match (15 November 2014)
- To Armenia in the June/July 2015 issue of Wanderlust travel magazine (read the snippet here)
- My piece on Uzbekistan’s first ever cricket tournament was included in the 2014 Wisden Almanack
- The story of Montenegro’s first ever game of cricket for All Out Cricket
For Russia Beyond The Headlines:
- An article about apps for travelling in Russia
- An article about Russian animals in space
- An expose on the Formula 1 driver Daniil Kvyat, translated into German and Italian
For Panorama, the in-flight magazine of Ukraine International Airlines:
“Royal Ascot Turns 300” , about the racecourse’s anniversary (May 2011).
“Exploring the Country of Robin Hood” , about the English town of Nottingham (September 2011).
My interview with Fred Finn, the world’s most-travelled man, “Blue Sky Thinking: A Chat with an Aviation Legend”, (November 2011).
On Great Britain’s celebrations for The Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II (June 2012)
Going For Gold: The 2012 London Olympic Games (July 2012)
- Two of my photographs of puffins appear on the website of QI, the BBC television programme.
- My photograph of Kyiv, Ukraine, in the Guardian’s Life & Style section (also published in the newspaper’s Weekend magazine on 25.2.12
- My photograph of Brighton, England, also in the Guardian newspaper’s Life & Style section